9/14/2007

[ the joy of the Lord is our strength ]

Do not grieve,
for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
Nehemiah 8:10

I should head to bed soon.

A few random thoughts, though:
  • When I'm not feeling up to par physically, I can really notice how weak I become and how desperately I need to slow down.
  • Questions that have come to mind lately:
    • How does my response to the gospel reflect my view of God? Am I working praying to become a woman who spontaneously responds to the good news of Jesus?
    • Does the work of the Cross capture me, beyond my own understanding and feelings?
    • Am I allowing the Lord to permeate every area of my life?
    • How can I be really intentional in reaching out to men and women here at Muskingum? What will it take?
  • I miss my parents a lot right now. Mom and I have been texting each other. This really cracks me up.
  • I get to spend a lot of Saturday and Sunday with Joe! Time with him gives me life. And a heart at rest.
  • Fall is almost here! At dinner the other night Meryl and I were brainstorming signs of fall, like crisp air, sweatshirt-and-jeans weather and a sudden drop-off -- and trade-off -- in cravings for ice cream for hot apple cider! I think she may be writing a commentary on it next week. Oh, goodness. I have to write commentaries next semester!
  • The Lord is faithful, even when things seem kind of tough. His joy is our strength. Every part of our insufficiencies and limitations -- covered by God's accomplishments (2 Co. 3:5).
Jessie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home