6/11/2007

[ beginnings of GTB ]

I arrived in Traverse City just a few days ago but already there is a sense of trust, identity and purpose for the community of students here on project.

There are about thirty students here, many of whom attend school in the Great Lakes Region (the method that Crusade uses to divide its movements regionally). About two dozen are women and the remaining six are men! Though there is an unusual abundance of women on this project, it has been a blessing so far. Tonight we had an extended time of teaching, worship and confession -- definitely a powerful time and a meaningful time for this body to be built up before we are sent out to look for jobs around Traverse City.

It is so beautiful here -- I'll definitely post pictures soon (once I get around to taking them, that is!). We're about a ten minute walk from a public park and beach and downtown Traverse City is only around a mile away! (This is exciting to me -- I love downtowns.)

We're staying at Northwestern Michigan College, which is a unique little campus off one of TC's main roads but nestled in the woods! It's definitely one of the prettiest campuses I've seen -- very different than Muskingum but just really beautiful. The staff here is great and there are places in our hall to hang out with others as well as escape for quiet times or time with just a few other people. This campus has been a blessing so far.

I'm really looking forward to posting more. (Random thought.)

We go out on Wednesday to look for jobs. I'm looking forward to working again -- I am really challenged and alivened (still not sure if that's a word!) in working alongside other people. I'm planning to apply at the Cracker Barrel, but if that doesn't work out, I'm up for anything. This summer is about Jesus and joining with Him where His kingdom is.

I love you all and hope we can stay in touch this summer. You're important to me and staying in touch with you is, too.

Jessie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home