12/06/2006

[ reconciled ]

It's late -- been praying a lot. Thinking a lot. Thought I'd write a quick blog.

A few things I'm learning:

It's a beautiful thing to sit with a friend -- or even someone you don't know -- and just listen; to let them talk and share life with you. A few times this week I've been able to catch up with some people -- and shed a few tears with them too -- and just know that God is working in their hearts and is anxious to reconcile them to Himself. I really want to trust Him for this.

I'm growing into the young woman God has created me to be. The reality of Him pursuing me and fighting for my heart seems very authentic and tangible to me right now.

We have an enemy who wants to grab anything that's true and lasting and restoring from under our feet and implant just-skewed-enough lies in our lives. We must -- we must -- claim Jesus' victory on the Cross. This world is more of a battlefield than we'll ever know, with hearts and lives at stake. This is real stuff.

There are others around us right now who are fading quickly, drowning in brokenness and the flesh. Jesus has come to give abundant life and to restore them. We must share His life, death and resurrection with them.

God is teaching me to keep giving -- keep sharing love, only through His grace and the power of the Holy Spirit.

We are so small but so vital. I've been thinking a lot lately about this paradox and would love to talk about it sometime.

Speaking of which, does anyone identify with any paradoxes or metaphors of God? More on this later, probably. My boyfriend Joe has been asking students on our campus how they relate to God (specifically, metaphor stuff -- i.e., "I am a blank canvas, and God is the artist."). I really like that approach.

Those around us are learning so much too -- let's take time to really listen and interact with them. It's been amazing to me how willingly and quickly others will share deep, spiritual things.

Keep chasing hard after Him.

Jessie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home