12/12/2006

[ His gospel is peace ]

This afternoon my friend Adam was working desk and we were talking about our tendency to dwell on insignificant things -- reality only found in front of our eyes, in this dorm and on our campus. We talked some about how these kinds of things -- you know, complaining about laundry or dining hall food or even completely turning all of our attention toward academia -- gives us this wholly self-reliant, self-sufficient mindset.

In my life, not only do these thoughts turn all of my energies toward what's in it for me or how I can continue to secure my independence, but it really affects my relationships with others. My impatience has wounded me, and it's something that God is working with me to heal.

Often I've made the 'small stuff' the most painful and least joy-yielding, and have lost sight of the bigger picture of the 'big stuff' that God is doing -- in the lives of those around me, and in my own heart, too.

You know, I really want to be daily reconciled to Him, and I know it's going to take a serious push past self-sufficiency and worry -- into abundant life with Him that urges me to really seek out all of His promises. And in my own life now, to really be able to pray and trust God to be restoring me to Himself and to others around me.

It's been cool to see Him work already in that, and to begin to experience that peace that Christ gives again. It's been pretty powerful, even in the last few days.

Jesus is alive and real -- powerful and active -- and His Spirit is interceeding in big ways that push us toward Him and away from ourselves.

Praise God for that, because my own attempts to 'piece the puzzle together' fail each and every time.

Wow, guys -- let's trust Him for everything.

Jessie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home