11/22/2006

[ do you know what i mean when i say i don't wanna be alone? ]

One of my best friends encouraged me the other night to think of sharing life as leading someone to something beautiful that cannot always be grasped with the perfect combination of words or descriptions.

My mom at the beach in Huron; July 2006

It really hit me, because often I'll process ideas and thoughts and want them to 'look good' as a product of what I say or how I present it as a whole.

It's just not about me, or about my words or actions, but about Him -- and about providing truth and clarity to those around me -- and us; about giving them an opportunity to be presented with beauty -- namely, Jesus Christ -- and to allow them time and space to respond.

As we're satisfied in God, desiring Him in every moment, we'll see others drawn to Him. It's often unbelievable. His glory trumps all.

Let's pray boldly about living Kingdom-centered lives that honor Him; living out communal faith propelled by our own giving-up daily. We'll fall in awe and wonder at what He fills in our depraved state -- wholeness, fullness, abundance...His Spirit.

Everything -- a loss, compared to knowing Christ Jesus our Lord.

All things -- rubbish.

Anything genuine and lasting and true: in Him.

Love you all.

Jessie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home