7/01/2006

[ snapping out of it ]

I've been in a funk the last few days.

I'm not sure if it's because I've been working a lot or I had a sort of post-Texas letdown, but I've sort of just hit that point of people-overload, which hasn't happened in awhile, but is something that really seems to affect me, especially because I am usually energized and fulfilled by time with those around me.

Days like this remind me that:

-My walk with Christ is not and cannot be solely emotionally-driven
-My relationship and time with God directly impacts my relationships and interactions with others
-I need to pray boldly for God's perspective
-My anxieties and worries are nailed to the Cross, and I share in His crucifixion and the glory of His resurrection

It is scary and powerful to me that God knows my heart and loves me just the same.

I often experience this truth after I take a sort of bird's eye view at myself and realize that my actions, words and thoughts have not wholly pointed toward God. Scary, yes, but powerful, because if God loves me that much, my stress and fears and guilt are no more. And if God has truly stepped into flesh to redeem a people, then I think He is urging me to snap out of it. Not in the put-on-a-happy-face sense (seemingly the easy way out sometimes), but to remove myself from reality for awhile and know that God will quiet and bring rest to my soul:

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the Cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!


We can only be transformed by the Cross. Its power is that magnificent.

I need -- yearn for -- that transformation. And not just when I'm in a funk.

-Jessie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home