7/06/2006

[ it brings refreshing wherever it goes ]

I was about halfway through this semi-detailed entry about a seminar I attended in Austin, complete with links and references from the Bible and so on, but it sort of felt like I was making myself sit down and blog, and well, that's not the point of this. So, I think I'll just write about a few things I've been thinking, worrying and praying about lately, and not be concerned so much about trying to make this entry super-substance filled.

- So, I'm giving the message at church this Sunday and have honestly put it on the back burner for awhile now. I'm hoping to finish it up tomorrow night and do some big-time practicing on Saturday. I think the "I feel unequipped" thoughts will pass through quite a few times during my lifetime, especially if I'm slated to speak in front of a group of people about God. Any confidence I have needs to point toward Jesus. He's all I have, really.

- I want to have faith in a big God who answers bold prayers. And to really pray like that. It's hard.

- I want to be alivened; to really desire to know God and invest in people. I'm anxious to be thrown back into community at Muskingum -- to really be held accountable, stretched, taught and even broken. I love that place and those people. I miss them. Soon enough!

- I have a month or so left at work and really desire to be transparent with a few of my coworkers. It's really necessary for me to trust in God for that.

- Even when I'm exhausted or in a comfort zone here at home, God is still desiring to move mountains in my life. It's taking some time for me to realize this.

- I can't have everything all together. It's a test for me, but also kind of refreshing.

-Jessie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home