6/15/2006

[ to live is Christ ]

I just got off the phone with my friend Kaylah, who tends to speak truth in my life on a regular basis. She said something like, "Jessie, you need sleep. You'd better not be online when I sign on later tonight." Kay is right, as usual. Four hours of sleep doesn't cut it when you have to work. :)

- Speaking of work, I have been enjoying it a lot lately. The men and women I work with are funny, personable and just beautiful people, and I am really craving more gratefulness, more vision and more time spent in prayer for them. For the first time in awhile, I desire to understand what it means to live and speak a day-in, day-out gospel -- to really be focusing in on how God is pursuing these people's hearts and drawing so near to them. I don't know what these relationships and interactions will look like in the next few months, but things are good, because wow, we serve a big, good God. (You know, it's also been refreshing lately not to have a "countdown" to something bigger. This is new.)

- On Sunday, I'll be giving a message at our church's informal service held at a local marina. I'm really looking forward to this. I'll be leading some worship too, I think, so guitar practice is necessary before then. Since Sunday is Father's Day, I'll be speaking on God as Father -- and God fathering us. (More about this after I've finished writing it.) I'll be speaking a few other times at the marina service and once or twice in front of the entire congregation. I feel the most 'alive' when I am speaking in front of people and am just really excited for these opportunities. Prayers are appreciated. :)

- God is dealing with me and is eager to continually transform my entire life and the lives of those around me. I must cling to Him.

- Philippians and The Fuel and the Flame = wow.

- More complete blog entries later. :)

Take care!

-Jessie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home