6/12/2006

[ monday - monday ]

I have the whole day off work today. Woohoo! (Tomorrow begins another work week at the CB. Morning-to-early afternoon shifts again!)

Vicar Jean (our pastoral intern at Zion) and I had lunch today. She has been interning at our church for about two and a half years now, and has helped to develop quite a few areas of ministry. It was so great talking to her -- we caught up on 'church happenings,' ministry at Muskingum, family and had the chance to talk about Myers-Briggs, missional community, the enneagram, Paul, the emerging church, postmodernism and cars. Quite the variety!

Anyway, we were also talking about spiritual gifts and she said, "Jessica, your heart is in outreach."

I nodded my head at first, but then sort of just blurted out, "I'm not sure about that!"

***
She reminded me of our interdenominational weekly youth meeting in high school, and of Young Life and Relay and Crusade, and started asking me what was really driving me to be an RA next year.

I think I just said something like, "Oh, man."

What was cool about this, though, is that I was able to get a glimpse of what Jean really wants for her ministry beyond Zion -- she described it as beyond these four walls and outward thinking. She is going to make a big-time impact for Jesus.

***
This is what I love about the Body of Christ: those who are seeking out Jesus and have seen us through good and tough times know us and love us, and are able to encourage us with their words and the time we spend with them.

I want to be this kind of friend to others, and pray that God will use me like that in others' lives.

Take care!

-Jessie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home