6/13/2006

[ beautiful display of power and surrender ]

One thing that I've been learning lately is that God's plan for my summer, the upcoming school year, my future career and relationships, even, is infinitely beyond my own understanding. I can't begin to rationalize how this, this or that fit together in the 'big picture.' Really, I just need to trust in this: if our sovereign, powerful God is working for the good in a fallen world, then He certainly has a firm grasp on my life.

It is very cool to me that God pursues relationship with us when He could have, perhaps, provided salvation and life in a way that was less painful than stepping into flesh -- something that was a little more sensible for Him, you know? There's no substitute for the substitute, apparently.

The God of the Bible isn't known for quick-fixes that aid brokenness only temporarily. Instead, He really does interact with us in complete power over our suffering and pain. What's more, He rejoices with us in our joy!

Really, we should be running. Not away, but into His arms. Flinging our whole lives into His embrace.

-Jessie

who shall bring any charge against God's elect?
it is God who justifies.
who is to condemn?
Christ Jesus is the one who died -
more than that, who was raised -
who is at the right hand of God,

who indeed is interceeding for us
Romans 8:33-34

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home