5/04/2006

You're with me
and now i see
what it means to me
to be a part of such a mystery

***
My friend Lauren (a soon-to-be-sophomore here at Muskingum) and I had a really good conversation last night at Denny's.

It was one of those take-notes-on-a-napkin conversations.

Anyway, we began talking about God as a creative Creator -- whose will, in its astounding perfection -- is bound to floor us.

For lack of a better analogy, I think it's good for followers of Jesus to establish that God isn't the 'old man in heaven,' you know, 'sitting on a throne and harshly judging each person who bites the dust' or something like that.

Lately, though, I've been wondering why God isn't just that 'old guy in the sky.'

Which brings me back to God as a creative Creator. Lauren and I talked about how often we tend to look for the prize -- relationships, sweet summer plans or just the next 'big thing,' and we miss out on the ways in which God is desiring to open our eyes with awe now. You know, even in the small stuff. (Don't sweat the small stuff; enjoy it...?)

As we're walking in His Spirit daily, we'll find ourselves surprised, filled with joy, even -- in response to the ways in which He has so faithfully provided for us.

I can't say that I always believe this, especially because crappy days are definitely a reality, but it's exciting to think about -- really exciting.

My prayer for you, friends, is that whatever stage you find yourself entering, you'd be so ready and willing to live for and be immersed in a God who is anxious to guide you through transition -- and astonish you at that.

"...[He] who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine..." -Ephesians 3:20

Love you all.

-Jessie

4 Comments:

At 2:39 AM, Blogger coco said...

Dear Jessie, thanks for sharing, this is a good reminder for me :) I'm from Singapore, chance upon your blog & find it so edifying... Glad to see Christians all over the world blessed!

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Creative Creator- yes! God as painter/author/poet/sculptor/chemist/musician/lover... any analogy of creativity.

Created in God's image= creatures who are created to be creative.

Humans, in theologian Phil Hefner's term as "created co-creators"
Keep thinkpraying!

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

 
At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home