5/15/2006

I've been doing a lot of writing & reading lately, but haven't gotten to posting in awhile. Look in the next few days for something worthwhile to read (I hope!).

In other news:

-I was hired at the Cracker Barrel in Sandusky, OH (about ten minutes from my hometown of Huron) for the summer. Training began today and went really well; I'm pumped.

-It's been good to be home. My prayer is that God would use me, in all reality, where I am. It is in the midst of our 'ordinary' that God desires to move. I love that.

-My brother Josh gets confirmed this weekend & my other brother John graduates next weekend. (John is one of four valedictorians of his class. I'm a proud sister.) Change is all around. It's exciting.

-Muskies are heading out to be Jesus' hands and feet all over the globe this summer! Pray that wherever we are, we would be teachable, anxious to be molded and able to share a compassionate, transforming gospel with all those we encounter.

-The latest issue of Relevant has been rocking my world! Pick it up if you have a chance. There's a sweet feature on the up-and-coming Derek Webb, a hilarious and honest piece by the David Crowder (who, in fact, will be releasing a book this fall -- woohoo!) and some really good articles on how to (practically and efficiently) become more socially active.

-I was surfing the Web and came across a sweet blog whose author writes about how God loves His Creation with "reckless abandonment," and how we too are (urgently!) called to that. To love God and His people big-time. (I use that phrase way too often.) What's holding me back? What's holding us back?

Look for another post soon.

Love you guys.

-Jessie

3 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessie
just wanted to say as usual I appreciate your posts :-)
Love you girl, phone date soon?
Alicia

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 
At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home